The Library of the Hellenic Open University has subscribed to the following electronic journals:
HUMANE STUDIES SCHOOL
- Decision Analysis: is a quarterly journal dedicated to advancing the theory, application, and teaching of all aspects of decision analysis. The primary focus of the journal is to develop and study operational decision-making methods, with the ultimate objective of providing practical guidance for decision makers.
- Intercultural Pragmatics: Deals with international cultural subjects as language, multilingualism, psychology, communication, anthropology and publishes cross-cultural based articles.
- Language Assessment Quarterly: International Journal which is dedicated to the advancement of theory, research, and practice in first, second, and foreign language assessment for school, college and university students.
- Research Notes Online: provides articles in English about examinations, concerning all modules and giving information-directives based on“ University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations”.
- Research Papers in Language Teaching and Learning: publishes research in the domains of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and Applied Linguistics. Its mission is to promote efficient dissemination of the best of the research that is carried out by students and graduates of the M.Ed. in TESOL of the Hellenic Open University and to facilitate academic exchange between the students and faculty of that program and members of the wider professional and academic community on a world-wide basis.
- Tesol Quarterly: It addresses teachers - tutors of English Language and concerns various subjects on the teaching of a foreigner language.
- Open Education: Publishes theory texts, original research studies, and scientific texts on open and distance education and educational technology. Also, it publishes critics and books presentations, translations, presentations of congresses, conferences, meetings, seminars and educational activities.
SOCIAL STUDIES SCHOOL
- The American Statistician: contains articles about Statistical Practice, History, Education, Graphic Arts as well as book reviews on Education.
- Contemporary Political Theory: is a significant journal in political philosophy and theory. It will be of direct relevance to scholars, researchers, academics and those with an interest in the wide-range of contemporary political theory and philosophy. Access to volumes 2002-2014.
- Diritto Pubblico: includes projects on Public Law and more specifically, on the Constitutional, Administrative and European Law.
- Diritto Pubblico comparato ed europeo: promotes knowledge and the circulation of public comparative law studies. The magazine focuses on these processes of modern legal systems and European Union law. Includes articles written in Italian or English language
- Interfaces: is dedicated to helping the decisions and policies in today's organizations and industries. Interfaces is essential reading for analysts, engineers, project managers, consultants, students, researchers, and educators.
- International Journal of Decision Science, risk and management: publishes research articles that have high impact on the field of management and decision making. It fosters the exchange of theoretical and practical views, case-based experiences and state-of-the-art applications which shape contemporary management and decision-making trends in SMEs, large organizations, institutions and the public sector.
- International Journal of Tourism Policy: provides a forum for scholars and policy makers to exchange views and ideas at an international level on key issues that shape the growth of today’s tourism industry.
- Journal of the American Statistical Association: has long been considered the premier journal of statistical science. Articles in JASA focus on statistical applications, theory, and methods in economic, social, physical, engineering, and health sciences and on new methods of statistical education.
- Organization Science: is ranked among the top journals in management, widely recognized in the fields of strategy management, organization theory, sociology, economics, political science, history, information science, systems theory, communication theory, artificial intelligence, and psychology.
- Paper of Administrative Law: covers the needs for direct and valid information on Administrative Law and Public Law that derive from everyday life concerning scientific, legislative and jurisprudential factors. Only local access provided.
PHYSICAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY SCHOOL
- Advanced Composites Letters (ACL): publishes abstracts and full texts which contribute to Science and Applied Mechanics of advanced complex materials and constructions.
- Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics: covers the significant developments in the field of astronomy and astrophysics, including: the sun; solar system and extrasolar planets; stars; the interstellar medium – occurring or situated between stars ; galaxy and galaxies; active galactic nuclei; cosmology; and instrumentation and techniques, and the history of the development of new areas of research. Useful note: users can have access only to the year 2017.
- Information Systems Research: is an international journal of theory, research, and intellectual development focused on information systems in organizations, institutions, economy and society.
- Presence: teleoperators and virtual environments: A journal for serious investigators of teleoperators and virtual environments filled with stimulating material applicable to these advanced electromechanical and computer systems. Incorporating perspectives from physics to philosophy, Presence appeals to a wide audience, particularly mechanical and electrical engineers concerned with teleoperators; computer scientists, high-tech artists, media people, and others interested in virtual environments; and psychologists involved in the study of human-machine interfaces and sensorimotor/cognitive behavior. Access to volumes 2010-2015.
- Quarterly of Applied Mathematics: contains original papers in applied mathematics which have a close connection with applications. An author index appears in the last issue of each volume.
- SAE Emissions Technology Collection: addresses machine designers and engineers and offers direct access to the most recent data of years 2012-2013 with regard to the emissions in the field of industry. It deals with subjects as: Planning/measurement and trial of emissions, Molecules, Hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide. (Note: The Library provides access to the CD-ROM's of the years 2010-2011 for local use only).
- SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics: publishes research articles that treat scientific problems using methods that are of mathematical interest. Appropriate subject areas include the physical, engineering, financial, and life sciences.
- SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing: contains research articles on numerical methods and techniques for scientific computation. Includes issues relevant to the solution of scientific or engineering problems and generally includes results demonstrating the effectiveness of the proposed techniques.
- SIAM Review: consists of five sections, all containing articles of broad interest, focused on specialized papers about interesting problems, techniques, and tools, including descriptions of mathematical formulations, solution methods, and open questions.
- Multiscale Modeling and Simulation: Centered around multiscale phenomena, Multiscale Modeling and Simulation (MMS) is an interdisciplinary journal focusing on the fundamental modeling and computational principles underlying various multiscale methods. MMS bridges the growing gap in communication between mathematics, chemistry, physics, engineering, computer science, environmental science, and more.
- SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems: publishes research articles on the mathematical analysis and modeling of dynamical systems and its application to the physical, engineering, life, and social sciences.
- SIAM Journal on Computing: contains research articles on the mathematical and formal aspects of computer science and nonnumerical computing.
- SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization: contains research articles on the mathematics and applications of control theory and on those parts of optimization theory concerned with the dynamics of deterministic or stochastic systems in continuous or discrete time or otherwise dealing with differential equations, dynamics, infinite-dimensional spaces, or fundamental issues in variational analysis and geometry.
- SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics: publishes research articles on a broad range of topics from pure and applied mathematics including combinatorics and graph theory, discrete optimization and operations research, theoretical computer science, and coding and communication theory.
- SIAM Journal on Financial Mathematics: addresses theoretical developments in financial mathematics as well as breakthroughs in the computational challenges they encompass and publishes articles introducing new methods and algorithms representing significant (as opposed to incremental) improvements on the existing state of affairs of modern numerical implementations of applied financial mathematics.
- SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences: covers all areas of imaging sciences, broadly interpreted. It includes image formation, image processing, image analysis, image interpretation and understanding, computer graphics and visualization, and inverse problems in imaging; leading to applications to diverse areas in science, medicine, engineering, and other fields.
- SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis: features research articles of the highest quality employing innovative analytical techniques to treat problems in the natural sciences, mathematical methods in such areas as partial differential equations, the calculus of variations, functional analysis, approximation theory, harmonic or wavelet analysis, or dynamical systems.
- SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications: publishes research articles in matrix analysis and its applications and papers of interest to the numerical linear algebra community.
- SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis: contains research articles on the development and analysis of numerical methods. Topics include the rigorous study of convergence of algorithms, their accuracy, their stability, and their computational complexity.
- SIAM Journal on Optimization: contains research articles on the theory and practice of optimization
- SIAM Theory of Probability and its Applications: a translation of the Russian journal Teoriya Veroyatnostei i ee Primeneniya, which contains papers on the theory and application of probability, statistics, and stochastic processes.
- SIAM Journal on Uncertainty Quantification: publishes research articles presenting significant mathematical, statistical, algorithmic, and application advances in uncertainty quantification, defined as the interface of complex modeling of processes and data, especially characterizations of the uncertainties inherent in the use of such models.