To: Postgraduate students of the Hellenic Open University who will be presenting their dissertation in May 2019.
According to the General Regulation for Preparing Graduate Dissertations in PC with an annual Module Correspondence students are obligated to deposit their dissertation (the final copy with all corrections made) at the Repository of the H.O.U. (apothesis.eap.gr)
The submission must be done within 15 days after it has been successfully presented and examined.
It is noted that dissertations remain the intellectual property of students, but in the context of open access policy they grant to the HOU a non-exclusive license to use the right of reproduction, customization, public lending, presentation to an audience and digital dissemination thereof internationally, in electronic form and by any means for teaching and research purposes, for no fee and throughout the duration of intellectual property rights. Free access to the full text for studying and reading does not in any way mean that the author/creator shall allocate his/her intellectual property rights, nor shall he/she allow the reproduction, republication, copy, storage, sale, commercial use, transmission, distribution, publication, execution, downloading, uploading, translating, modifying in any way, of any part or summary of the dissertation, without the explicit prior written consent of the author/creator. Creators retain all their moral and property rights.
You can find all the necessary instructions at the website of the library (lib.eap.gr)
by clicking on the Guide to Depositing a Dissertation / Thesis and User Guides – Useful Material for writing your Dissertation.
We would like to call your attention to the following:
· The document of the dissertation must be in pdf form.
· The dissertation must be in one single document which will include the cover page, the introduction, the main body and possible appendices and/or accompanying material (i.e. maps, charts, visual material etc). Please be very cautious when you select high-resolution images.
· The document of the dissertation must not be locked.
· The size of the dissertation must not exceed 30 MB.
· In cases where the total size of the document exceeds 30 MB you can submit one extra document but only for the appendices and the accompanying material.
For your convenience the H.O.U. Library will carry out a series of Distance Learning Seminars on posting dissertations to the Repository. They will take place from Monday 13/5 to Friday 17/5 (13:00 – 13:30) through "live streaming" and can be accessed through the Library's YouTube Channel.
Those who are interested must visit the Library's YouTube Channel on the above-mentioned dates and select the thumbnail "Live Streaming". For students who will not be able to watch the seminar on live streaming, the presentation will be permanently accessible through the Library's YouTube Channel